Discover Dental School: Summer Scholars’ Program
Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine Pre-Dental Course
Director: Ann Nasti, DMD
Department: General Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine
Orientation: August 3, 2014 (Sunday)
5-day program: August 4-8, 2014 (Monday-Friday)
Pre-dental undergraduate college students and students considering entering the dental profession. Not limited to SBU students. Limited to 50 participants.
Working in Stony Brook’s SDM advanced pre-clinical laboratory, participating pre-dental students will gain valuable hands on experience and will discover what the preclinical courses of dental school are truly like. With the assistance of faculty and current students, this 5 day course will help to enlighten you and confirm your interest in dentistry and make you a stronger applicant!
- Make Typodont impressions and pour them in stone
- Use high speed dental handpiece and other dental instruments
- Prepare cavity restorations
- Mill a CAD CAM porcelain restoration with CEREC
- Model a central incisor in wax
- Meet the dental specialties
- Have lunch with faculty and current students
- Meet the Director of Admissions
Please have the following information BEFORE you begin your Application:
- The name of your current university
- Your Overall GPA
- Your Science GPA
- Your expected Graduation Date
- Your Letter of Recommendation (In PDF ONLY)
- Your 500 word Personal Statement inclusive of your interest in the health care field (In PDF ONLY)
Non-refundable Application Fee of $50
$1800 in residence(includes breakfast/lunch 5 days and dinner 3 days).
$1300 commuter (includes breakfast/lunch 5 days and dinner 3 days).
Application Deadline: April 1, 2014
Registration Deadline: April 15, 2014
Orientation: August 3, 2014
Program: August 4 - 8, 2014
DDS Summer is still taking applicants for 2014
Please apply here
Discover Dental School Overview Presentation
2013 Discover Dental Highlights on Youtube.
2014 Discover Dental Scholars Program on Youtube.
Once Accepted, please follow this link:
Accepted Applicants Registration form, Deadline April 15, 2014