Discover Dental School: Summer Scholars’ Program
Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine Pre-Dental Course
Director: Ann Nasti, DMD
Department: General Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine
Orientation: August 3, 2014 (Sunday)
5-day program: August 4-8, 2014 (Monday-Friday)
Pre-dental undergraduate college students and students considering entering the dental profession. Not limited to SBU students. Limited to 50 participants.
Working in Stony Brook’s SDM advanced pre-clinical laboratory, participating pre-dental students will gain valuable hands on experience and will discover what the preclinical courses of dental school are truly like. With the assistance of faculty and current students, this 5 day course will help to enlighten you and confirm your interest in dentistry and make you a stronger applicant!
- Make Typodont impressions and pour them in stone
- Use high speed dental handpiece and other dental instruments
- Prepare cavity restorations
- Mill a CAD CAM porcelain restoration with CEREC
- Model a central incisor in wax
- Meet the dental specialties
- Have lunch with faculty and current students
- Meet the Director of Admissions
Non-refundable Application Fee of $50
$1800 in residence(includes breakfast/lunch 5 days and dinner 3 days).
$1300 commuter (includes breakfast/lunch 5 days and dinner 3 days).
Application Deadline: February 1, 2014
Registration Deadline: March 1, 2014
Orientation: August 3, 2014
Program: August 4 - 8, 2014
Waitlist Form! Sign up to be notified when applications open.
Discover Dental School Overview Presentation: (CLICK HERE)
2013 Discover Dental Highlights on Youtube.