Discover Dental School: Summer Scholars’ Program
Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine Pre-Dental Course
Director: Ann Nasti, DMD
Department: General Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine
Orientation: August 2, 2015 (Sunday)
5-day program: August 3-7, 2015 (Monday-Friday)
Pre-dental undergraduate college students and students considering entering the dental profession. Not limited to SBU students. Limited to 54 participants.
Working in Stony Brook’s SDM advanced pre-clinical laboratory, participating pre-dental students will gain valuable hands on experience and will discover what the preclinical courses of dental school are truly like. With the assistance of faculty and current students, this 5 day course will help to enlighten you and confirm your interest in dentistry.
- Make Typodont impressions and pour them in stone
- Use high speed dental handpiece and other dental instruments
- Prepare cavity restorations
- Mill a CAD CAM porcelain restoration with E4D
- Model a central incisor in wax
- Participate in dental specialty bootcamp
- Have lunch with faculty and current students
- Meet the Director of Admissions
Please have the following information BEFORE you begin your Application:
- The name of your current university
- Your Overall GPA
- Your Science GPA
- Your expected Graduation Date
- Your Letter of Recommendation (In PDF ONLY)
- Your 500 word Personal Statement inclusive of your interest in the health care field (In PDF ONLY)
- If you have a special circumstance and cannot acquire all the above information at the time you are prepared to submit your application, please contact Dr. Nasti Ann.Nasti@stonybrookmedicine.edu
Non-refundable Application Fee of $50
$1800 in residence(includes breakfast/lunch 5 days and dinner 3 days).
$1300 commuter (includes breakfast/lunch 5 days and dinner 3 days).
Application Deadline: March 2, 2015
Registration Deadline: April 16, 2015
Orientation: August 2, 2015
Program: August 3 - 7, 2015
DDS Summer 2015 application form is now available! Please apply here
Discover Dental School Overview Presentation
2013 Discover Dental Highlights on Youtube.
2014 Discover Dental Scholars Program on Youtube.
Once Accepted, please follow this link:
Accepted Applicants Registration form, Deadline April 16, 2015