Emphasis is on diagnostic procedures and treatment planning, and the application of clinical methods best designed to meet the treatment objectives for the individual patient.
To receive a certificate in postdoctoral orthodontics, the student must:
- Satisfactorily complete all courses listed below;
- Submit two completed case write-ups as per standards of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Pass an oral examination modeled after the certifying exam of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Sit for parts I and II of the American Board of Orthodontics written examination
- Present the findings and discuss their research project at a formal seminar
- Submit for publication a clinical case report.
An application to the orthodontic specialty training program may be downloaded and printed from this website ( click on link below ) or obtained from:
Office of Academic Affairs, Admissions and Financial AidDeadline for Completed Application is September 1 of the year proceeding expected matriculation.
Stony Brook University
School of Dental Medicine
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8709
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Application for Advanced Education Program in Orthodontics