Our highest priority has always been the health of our patients, oral healthcare providers, and staff. In consultation with leading healthcare experts and in compliance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and New York State’s Department of Health, we have implemented enhanced safety protocols.
COVID-19 related safety measures include the following:
- Waiting rooms are arranged to allow for optimal social distancing
- All employees and patients must wear a mask
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout our facilities
- The cleaning frequency has been increased
- No visitors are permitted except for those accompanying minors and persons who require assistance
- The Patient Portal provides patients with the ability to remotely view and confirm appointments, verify contact and insurance information, update medical history, complete forms, and communicate with their provider
- Patients may remain in their vehicles while waiting for their appointment
- Patients experiencing COVID-19 symptoms will be asked to reschedule their appointment and will not be permitted to enter the Dental Care Center
COVID-19 Testing Information
For some appointments, patients are required to receive a negative COVID-19 test within five days of the scheduled date. COVID-19 tests are available by appointment for current patients at the School of Dental Medicine’s Dental Care Center. There is no fee for COVID-19 testing.
Additional COVID-19 Resources
Stony Brook Medicine Coronavirus Page
Updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Dental Care Center Contact Information
For additional questions regarding the Dental Care Center’s response to COVID-19, please call (631) 632-8989 during business hours.