MISSION, VISION AND CORE VALUES STATEMENTS OF THE SCHOOL OF DENTAL MEDICINE AT STONY BROOK UNVERSITY
Approved by Faculty Council 01/10/2010
Through our continuous pursuit of excellence in education, patient care, discovery and leadership, we advance oral and general health throughout the local and global community.
The vision of Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine is to define and shape the future as an international leader and innovator in dental education, patient care, research and service.
Approved by Faculty Council 04/15/2013
SDM Core Values (CREED)
- Compassion: We provide empathetic care to our patients with attentive listening and affirmation.
- Respect: We foster a humanistic environment of mutual respect and trust with our teaching, learning and delivery of patient care.
- Excellence: We set the highest standards in education, research, patient care and service.
- Engagement: We connect and serve the local Long Island community, New York State, the nation and world.
- Diversity: We embrace diversity in people and thinking.