Discover Dental School: Summer Scholars’ Program
Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine Pre-Dental Course
2018 Program is accepting applications. Please feel free to email Dr. Seiver with any questions at Jeffrey.Seiver@stonybrookmedicine.edu
Director: Jeffrey Seiver, DDS
Department: General Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine
2018 Dates: Sunday July 29, 2018 - Friday August 3, 2018
Pre-dental undergraduate college students and students considering entering the dental profession. Not limited to SBU students. Limited to 60 participants.
Working in Stony Brook’s SDM advanced pre-clinical laboratory, participating pre-dental students will gain valuable hands on experience and will discover what the preclinical courses of dental school are truly like. With the assistance of faculty and current students, this 5 day course will help to enlighten you and confirm your interest in dentistry.
- Make Typodont impressions and pour them in stone
- Use high speed dental handpiece and other dental instruments
- Prepare cavity restorations
- Mill a CAD CAM porcelain restoration with E4D
- Model a central incisor in wax
- Participate in dental specialty bootcamp
- Have lunch with faculty and current students
- Meet the Director of Admissions
There are 60 positions in this program that will be filled on a rolling basis, early submission is highly suggested. At the end of the application, please submit your nonrefundable application fee of $50.
Please have the following information BEFORE you begin your Application:
- Age eligibility: 18 years of age by December 1, 2017
- The name of your current university
- Your Overall GPA
- Your Science GPA
- Your expected Graduation Date
- Your Letter of Recommendation (In PDF ONLY) (Any Professor, Pre Health Advisor, Employer, someone you have shadowed)
- Your 500 word Personal Statement inclusive of your interest in the health care field (In PDF ONLY)
Non-refundable Application Fee of $50
$1900 in residence (includes breakfast 5 days, lunch 4 days and dinner 5 days).
$1400 commuter (includes breakfast 5 days, lunch 4 days and dinner 5 days).
Application Deadline: April 1, 2018