Program Director: Debra Cinotti
The School of Dental Medicine offers a fellowship program to train dental fellows in the management and provision of dental care for persons with developmental disabilities.
This program is a one year program commencing each July 1 and supports two full-time fellows. The program includes seminars, lectures, and extensive clinical experiences at the School of Dental Medicine and University Hospital with emphasis on diagnosis, treatment planning and various patient management techniques needed to provide comprehensive dental care to the disabled population. There is direct patient care involvement with dental rehabilitation and surgical cases completed under general anesthesia in the operating room at the Medical Center. Independent study resulting in publication and/or case presentation is required.
Fellows receive a salary competitive with General Practice Dental Residencies in New York State. Candidates must have a DDS/DMD Degree from an ADA American or Canadian Accredited Dental School and satisfy the following requirements:
1. Have a New York State License or be eligible for a New York State Limited Permit.
2. Completion of a New York State approved course on Child Abuse.
3. Completion of a New York State approved course on Infection Control.
4. Letters of Recommendation from the following: Dean; Director of Residency Program (if applicable); Two Faculty and/or Attending Professors.
5. Dental School Transcripts.
6. National Board Scores (official copy).
Application can be obtained from:
Ms. Claudia Dassler
Dental Care for the Developmentally Disabled Fellowship Program
School of Dental Medicine
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794
Applicants must have a DDS/DMD Degree from an ADA American or Canadian Accredited Dental School.